Dental Assistant- Advanced Education General Dentistry
Chief Purpose of this Position
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental clinic and/or task delegated by the treating dentist, attending faculty dentist, dental resident or student.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Knowledge of dental procedures, dental self-care, utilization of materials, instruments and equipment is required.
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols.
- Knowledge of daily preventative maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of techniques used in dental radiography in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of restorative implant systems.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service.
Education level and experience required:
- Minimum two years of experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- X-Ray Certification required.
- CPR certification preferred.
- CDA Certification preferred.
Hiring Range: $18 - $21 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
***Please submit your resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please reference the job title. Additionally, referrals are always welcome, email their resumes and cover letters to the above email as well.***
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:57:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.